The Upland Constitution
We, the People of Upland, in order to form a more perfect metaverse, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, protect the economy, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Upland Metaverse...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Uplanders are created equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are the ability to “Play,” “Connect,” and “Earn” in the Upland Metaverse. In order to protect the rights of all players, we submit the following constitutional “guidelines.”
Upland is establishing a “real economy” that is sustained by players via the market forces of supply and demand. Upland’s community pool partially supports these market forces through subsidies for certain economic activities of the stakeholders. The collection of fees from market transactions or earning a yield for owning a property are examples of these forces at work. Attempts of players to exploit certain mechanics may lead to the intervention of Upland operators as described below.
The following guidelines are expected to be followed by ALL players in the Upland Metaverse. Players who violate these guidelines will be subject to imprisonment in Alcatraz, the prison island in the San Francisco Bay. Duration of imprisonment, fines and sanctioning of certain activities are at the sole discretion of the Upland team.
Article I: Asset Funneling
- Properties consistently sold to another account for under/over market price may be flagged as asset funneling. This activity is damaging to the health of the Upland economy and is a severe violation.
- If suspected of asset funneling, players will be investigated and could face jail time and fines in Alcatraz.
Article II: Collusion & the Expectation of “Fair” Market Pricing
- Players are expected to sell properties for realistic market valuations. Properties being intentionally sold severely under or over mint prices may be flagged for suspicious activity. Using the sale of properties as a means to move large amounts of UPX is a direct violation of this rule. Players are permitted to sell properties over or under mint prices, however, clear abuse of this mechanism will result in jail time and possibly a fine.
- Suspicious use of the Property Swap mechanism could be considered collusion - or asset funneling - if said swaps are harmful to the Upland economy. Players who are flagged for suspicious swapping will be subject to investigation.
Article III: Multi Accounting
- Players are expected to maintain only a single account per person in the Upland metaverse. Those who are operating with multiple accounts in Upland will be subject to a jail sentence which may be accompanied by a fine. Multi-accounting is damaging to the Upland economy, and puts other players’ assets at risk.
Article IV: Use of In-Game Bots
- Players who employ the aid of “bots” to automate in-game user activity will be subject to a jail sentence in addition to a fine. Bots that are used to monitor the marketplace and alert players about specific activities may not be subject to this rule depending on the context of their use.
Article V: Due Process and Payment of Fines
- Players suspected of wrongdoing will be investigated and may be placed in Alcatraz while under investigation.
- Players will receive an email explaining why they are under investigation.
- Players can appeal their case by responding to the email and providing details about their circumstances.
- After collecting all documentation, a decision will be reached and the player will be notified.
- If a player is found to be in violation, they will be placed in Alcatraz until their fines are paid. (In some extreme cases players may be required to serve a lifetime sentence in Alcatraz).
- If a player is found not to have acted in bad faith, they will be immediately notified and no action will be taken.
- Players who have committed wrongdoing within the Upland metaverse will be expected to pay a fine in order to rectify the damage they have done to the Upland economy. This fine is intended to be a direct injection of the missing value that the player’s activity removed from the economy. Fines may also come in the form of burning UPX, properties, NFTs, or any item of economic value.
In order to maintain the integrity of the Upland economy, we strongly advise close adherence to these guidelines. The Upland Team will not hesitate to take action against players who violate the Upland Constitution. Please be reminded that there may be certain extreme cases where players are jailed for a violation of rules that are not explicitly stated in the Upland Constitution.
The Bill of Rights
Amendment I - True Ownership - One of the magical things about using the blockchain, and some would say its primary benefit, is the idea of true ownership. The meaning of true ownership has evolved along with blockchain technology itself. At Upland, we define it as the notion that no one can control your in-game assets aside from you. When a player reaches Uplander status (10,000+ UPX net worth), an EOS blockchain account is automatically created for the player. This is a real EOS account, just as it could be created anywhere else. The private keys to that account are generated from the player’s email/password combination and are not stored on Upland’s servers. Though the Upland system helps players manage their EOS account, we cannot control any player’s in-game assets even if we wanted to, nor can anyone else. The account belongs to the player forever and the assets inside it are theirs forever.
Amendment II: Play - Players in Upland’s OPEN BETA are able to play the game by purchasing a virtual property mapped to a real-world address. Players have the opportunity to receive special rewards by completing signature property collections, participating in daily treasure hunts, competing in live events, buying, selling, or trading NFTs, and enjoying other in-game activities.
Amendment III: Earn - Upland is a metaverse that sits on top of the real world featuring a real economy powered by blockchain technology. In Upland, players have the opportunity to make money in the metaverse. Each player can earn returns on their properties by collecting fees from visitors, flipping properties for profit in our free and open marketplace, or by generating income through becoming a business owner.
Amendment IV: Connect - The Upland Metaverse is social by nature. Players will have the opportunity to socialize with fellow Uplanders, learn game strategies, and collaborate with Upland’s outstanding online gaming community. Every player, without exception to Race, Creed, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, etc., is expected to be treated with respect, kindness, and understanding.